01 09 10

12 July 2013

Christmas Sled

A fantastic project from our DT Jackie


Altered Christmas Sled
I found this sled at a thrift store! Super thrilled! I first painted the sled with gesso. Here is a picture of me starting to paint.


Then after it dried, I painted the sides and top with white acrylic paint. I then applied crackle medium on top of the white paint.

When it had fully dried, I painted over the medium with red and green acrylic paints. The edges I painted with brown acrylic paint.

As it dries it will begin to make the nice crackle accents. Here it is finished!



I tied a ribbon and added tiny jingle bells in the center and added some larger bells to the side tied with twine. I finished off using berries as a frame around the image and some snowflake buttons!

No comments: