01 09 10

24 January 2015

A Gentle Touch Card by Aunty Sue

Hello Aunty Sue here to share with you my recent card made with a digital stamp called A Gentle Touch. This week Crafty Sentiments are sponsoring Crafty Catz challenge with a theme of Teddies. So how perfect is this image. 

This is a brief explanation of how I made the card.
I printed the image off and set about colouring with my Promarkers however you could use what ever medium you like. I started by colouring the fur with 3 markers a light medium and dark shades of brown. With the lighest I went over the area just to dampen my paper then with the darkest i started at the edges and the shadow with a dabbing action lightly. Then went over the darker area with my medium working further into the centre. I then went over the whole area with my lightest blending and smoothing out the stipple effect. I then went back in with my medium adding touches to add further depth and lastly with my darkest at the edges and shadowed area. Then lightly touched with my lightest to tone down the stipple effect but not removing the effect. I then coloured the bows and their feet. Here is a close up of the image before making up the card. Having cut it out with my Petite Scallop Nestabilities

Having cut the image  I then cut the layers to make the card up
I used a Green 15x15cm  base card.
14.5 x 14.5 cm square Brown card 
14 x14cm Strip Dp from Cart-Us Paper Pad- Spring Flowers
11.5 x 11.5cm square of Floral paper from the same pad.
14.5 x 5cm strip of brown card
14.5 x 4.5cm strip of green card
14.5x 4 cm strip of the floral paper

1 large brown circle from Xcut circles to place behind the image.
The flowers are cut from Sue Wilsons Classic Roses die in the DP 
the leaves are from same set of dies 
Pink Satin Ribbon and Pearls from my stash.

I assembled the layers as in the top picture and added the flowers around the image. with the satin ribbon layered on the central strip with a bow and my pearls placed.
I do hope you have enjoyed my card.
Thank you for popping by and please call again for more inspiration with the wonderful stamps you can find in the shop Here
Leave me a comment to let me know you have visited and what you think of my card. I have broad shoulders so can take it. Have a good weekend

1 comment:

Janette said...

A really helpful tutorial Sue, thankyou for sharing, your card is so pretty.x