01 09 10

17 January 2016

Heart Shaker Tutorial


Hello everyone I'm here with some Crafty Sentiments Designs Inspiration (and a little tutorial) for you all.
Smiles.

1

The gorgeous, gorgeous image is brand new, it is called Knitting A Heart and is available in rubber from Crafty Sentiments Designs.

3


The beautiful heart border, I created with my Heart Border Die, also from Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Instructions on how to reacreate this shaker card are below!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~



To create this shaker card, I first coloured my image, then fussy cut around it.
step two
Next I cut out three hearts. 2 from white card stock, and 1 from white fun foam.
step three
Then I cut the insides out to give myself a heart frame for the top of the shaker.
I cut 1 foam heart and 1 card heart. The other I left intact for the base.
step four
Using my Love Story Stamp Set and my Barn Door ink pad, I stamped the sentiment onto the heart base card.
I lined up the centre of the heart on my craft mat and taped into place. This helped me line up my sentiment perfectly central when I was stamping.
step six
Next I took a sheet of clear acetate and cut another heart from it, using my Heart Die. I trimmed off the scallop edges with my scissors.
step seven
I took my top card frame, and laid it face down, then I stuck my acetate on top.
step eight
Next I stuck my foam frame on top (face down.)
Once the wet glue was dry, I added my glitter and sequins.
step nine
Finally, I added my base piece (with the sentiment) and glued it face down, on top of the foam frame.
step ten
While the heart shaker was drying, I made up my base card. I used a piece of Centura Pearlescent Cardstock for my base. Then I layered with plain black card, and my Patterned Paper.
The heart frame border was cut and laid on top of the design paper.
3D frame
I stuck my shaker heart into the centre of my card.
flat
Then I stuck my Knitting A Heart image onto of the heart and card base. I used my 3D Glue Gel for added depth.
And that’s it! Nice and easy! Smiles.
1

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Hugs & Happy Crafting Everyone!
Karen.xx



No comments: